The Monster Hunters of Down Cthulhu
Thrillseeker, 'Extremist', Fearless and Tough as Nails
Tough 3/Daredevil 1
Age at start of campaign: any
Talents: Fire res.; Cold res.; Robust; Stamina
Feats: Brawl; Animal Affinity; Endurance; Guide; Athletic; Archaic Wpn Prof; Vehicle Op (sailing); Vehicle Expert;
Daredevil features: Fearless
Sanity: 44 (50)
Affiliations: U.S. Secret Service, Adventurer’s Club, Watchers, Archimedes’ Inner Circle
Languages: Hindi 1; Eskimo 1; Arabic 1
Weapons: Hatchet; Colt .38 Lightning; Scimitar; Kukri; eskimo harpoon; boot dagger; boot derringer;
From a rural town in Oregon, was one of those kids who seemed to have no regard for his own body. He enjoys the challenge of the wilderness and extreme weather, and is capable of both long stints alone as well as working well with a group. He has taken part in many competitions and activities involving endurance and dealing with harsh climates.
- 2 long distance dog sled races, one in Alaska and one in Canada. In Alaska, almost did not finish after stopping to help an Eskimo village under attack by something in the night. Schuyler helped fight off several humanoid creatures which came from the sea but was severely injured himself but still finished the race.
- Most recently in 1889: member of the first team to reach the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Participated in an oceanic small watercraft race along the east coast of North America, coming in 7th out of 23.
- Crossed from India to Tibet through the Himalayans with 4 other teams, each choosing a different route, just to see who would make it first. His team won, and he took part in the search party for one team which did not come through. Of the 6 members of the team, 2 were found alive and lost, 1 was found frozen to death, and 3 were never recovered.
- Spent 2 months with Australian Aborigines and took part in a foot trek across Australian Outback just for the challenge of survival with 3 young aborigines and 2 other white men. Came in 4th in terms of time, with the other white men a distant 5th and 6th, but deemed to be in the 2rd best shape at the end out of all participants. For this reason, his name is respected among aborigines to this day.
- Took part in the great Pan-Arabian horse race. Out of 147, came in 13th. Could have finished better, but was harassed by bandits at several points, probably working for one of the rich riders who felt like keeping a westerner from succeeding.
- Long time member of the Adventurer’s Club
Soon after the Eskimo incident, because of his contact with the supernatural and his fearlessness and endurance in the face of difficult odds, he was recruited by the American Secret Service to fight the occult and supernatural evils of the world. Sent to Europe, and from there travelled to India with one Paul Brian Warrington the XVII and his American Indian warrior Red Cloud on his first official mission.
Code Name = Mr. Grim